Your American Dream starts here! If you'd like the freedom and flexibility to live, work & travel freely throughout the 50 states of the USA, you've come to the right place.
Are you eligible?
Have you completed one year full time at an Australian University?*
Or have you recently graduated from full time study with the past 12 months?*
Are you an Australian Citizen?
If your answer is YES to all of the above, then you are eligible for this unique opportunity!
Not sure if you meet the criteria? That's ok, it costs absolutely nothing to start your application and once your details roll through to our team, we'll get in touch to ask a few simple questions and help you with the next steps.
How old do you need to be?
As long as you're over 18, there are NO age limit!
When can I go?
Your 12 month USA Work and Travel experience is available year round, which means you can apply any time of year.
We'll walk you through the next steps and get you started in Summer, Autumn, Winter or Spring - The choice is all yours!
The best part about this program is that you are not limited to one job placement during your time in America. You can spend a couple of months here and a couple of months there, picking up different jobs during your time, allowing you to take full advantage of all the wonderful sites, customs and cultures that America is so well known for.
So it all sounds pretty good huh?! The next step will be for us to confirm your eligibility and starting dates for the program.
All we ask is that you click the 'Apply' button at the top of this page to express your interest. After that one of our friendly team members will be in touch to walk you through the next steps.
If you have any questions, of course we're happy to help.
This program allows you to live and work anywhere in the United States, the choice is all yours!
Your visa allows you to work in a wide range of positions, there are only some work restrictions under the J-1 visa. When you start a new position your visa sponsor will 'vet' your employer to ensure you're working in a position which is allowed under your visa.
Work you CAN do:
- Most participants typically work in non-skilled service positions at resorts, hotels, restaurants, and amusement parks.
- You can choose to work full-time, part-time or casual. You may also accept a professional level position, something which is related to your degree.
- Summer internships in US businesses and other organizations (i.e., architecture, science research, graphic art/publishing and other media communication, advertising, computer software and electronics, and legal offices, etc.) are allowed.
Work you CANNOT do:
- You may not be in employment involving any type of patient care (dentists, doctors, vets, nurses, physical therapists, etc.).
- You cannot be employed as domestic employees in U.S. households (E.g. child care, chauffeurs, gardeners, etc.);
- You cannot take positions requiring you to invest your own money for inventory (such as door-to-door sales);
- Participants may not accept any position that may bring the Department or the Exchange Visitor Program into notoriety or disrepute or that would displace American workers.
Your Program Fee Includes
12 Month Working Holiday Sponsorship
12 Months comprehensive medical insurance
Advice & Guidance throughout your application
Ongoing support once in the USA
Not Included/Third Party costs
Flights to USA
J-1 Embassy Fees (US$160 + US$110)